Saturday, February 24, 2007

Stupid Scammer Tricks

I'm a bit jealous. Blue Lyon finds a transcript of Vilsack's farewell speech in her inbox and I get...scheming weenies.

Dear Friend

This mail will definitely be coming to you as a surprise,but i must crave your indulgence to introduce myself to you. I am Lance corporal. ########,a US marine currently serving in Iraq. The reason why i am contacting you via this media is because it is anonymouse. I cant contact my friends and family back home as they are listed as acquitances in my military file and to contact them may compromise the confidentiality of this transaction. I am currently in duty break . I and my partner, secretly moved some abandoned cash in a mansion belonging to the slayed former president of Iraqi, SaddamHusein and the total cash is $25million. We have discovered the cash forover 3 months now but we waited until the verdict has been passed and we are sure there is no way anybody could have a trace.

As I write this letter to you, this box is here with me in cash as I secretly moved it out of Iraq to Kuwait. You do not have to be afraid of anything as no one else knows about this and everything is safe. I would be pleased and grateful to you if you could assist us in receiving this box for us on your behalf as I will be heading back soon to camp in Iraq to join my collegues. Of course, I will give you some money for your efforts. We have limited time now, kindly get back to me immediately.

Moving the funds out of here is not going to be much of a problem as arrangements are being made towards that. All I want from you is your trust and assurance that if the box gets to you, you can keep it in a safe place until our arrival. I have to stop here now.we have limited time now, kindly get back to me immediately.

In God we trust,Lance corporal. ########


Hopefully unlike in the Nigerian e-mail scams, no congressmen will fall prey to this one. Maybe the sender just assumed I was retarded since I live in Pahrump.

11 comments:

cls said...

Heh, any Congress critter (an anyone for that matter) that thinks one guy (let alone a soldier) can "secretly" move $25 million from Baghdad to Kuwait deserves everything they get!

Flimsy Sanity said...

In God We Trust Ha Ha

Flimsy Sanity said...

Maybe they found some of the pallets of missing cash that we sent over there.

Not Your Mama said...

It just pissed me off on so many levels.

Trying to stir more animosity between the US & Iraq (because face it, some people are dumb enough to believe this), probably hijacking the identity of a genuine serviceman and pretending to be a serviceman at all, then playing the "God" card.

Anyone believing a word of it is dumb but anyone agreeing to participate in something like this is not just dumb but also criminal and deserves to lose their butt.

R J Adams said...

First, I want to know how much I get out of the deal.

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous! I get lots of scammer emails but this one takes the caKE!!!

TomCat said...

Dang!! This guy has a job waiting at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. He may be the next Tony Snow.

Not Your Mama said...

He might be Tony Snow.

RJAdams: takers win a guest spot on Tucker Carlson: Boy Moron

Omnipotent Poobah said...

Whadday mean? I hope ALL Congressmen fall for it...and a few administration cronies too.

Featheriver said...

Somebody needs to forward the email to the Nye County Board of Commissioners. They need the money.

Woozie said...

All I can say is:

Engrish momsexer did you spoke it?