Friday, April 13, 2007

That Whole Meme Thing

I'm not really pro or anti memes, kind of one of those many things that can get carried too far sometimes but can be fun too so I don't mind participating now and then.

I got tagged by A Big Fat Slob while I was busy trying to pull my head out of my butt and I'm so perversely amused to see that I made the same list as Mahmood Ahmadinejad I have to go with it. That has to be one of the top 5 funniest things to have ever happened to me.

5 Reasons I Blog

1. So my head won't explode. Like ABFS, my dogs are also bored by my commentary and I think it's bad form to torture my husband incessantly.

2. It seemed like a reasonable alternative to doing bizarre and disgusting things to Bill O'Reilly's face on the TV screen.

3. I love the fabulous people I run across doing this. They keep me cautiously optimistic about the human species. Sometimes I lose sight of how many good and trying-to-better ourselves people are out there, the people I meet here remind me it isn't all hopeless.

4. Because I can. For all the negatives that have come with greater access to media it has also given everyone an outlet. Sometimes that is a terrible thing, sometimes it is a great thing, every now and then it allows some of us to communicate with others we might not necessarily cross paths with in our everyday lives. That has to be a good thing.

5. It is illegal and uncivilized to shoot people, even very bad people we hate.

Not so sure about tagging people, I know some don't like memes so I'm going to leave it open, if you're linked here consider yourself tagged if you want to participate and if you want, leave a comment here and I'll list you here if you do.

7 comments:

TomCat said...

I tend to to be anti. I've seen more than one good blog founder, buried under the weight of memes. I have made one exception, the thinking blogger award. Someday I may again, but it would have to be something which gave me the opportunity to honor other bloggers for quality of content.

Flimsy Sanity said...

Number one sounds like reason enough.

Anonymous said...

You learn every day! I had no idea, that shooting somebody is illegal...at least in Nevada. ;)

Yours truly,
Pekka

Not Your Mama said...

It's only barely illegal here...many exceptions to that rule.

Vigilante said...

NY Mama, I go with numbers 1,3,4, & 5. I don't watch TV (except for Friday Night Lights) so I don't have to worry about the O'Liar Factor. I've met a lot of nice people blogging, present company included. It's been a good way to get up in the morning in this decade of the Bushwhacker: important to throw some fists and catch some laughs. Proof of life. Intelligent life.

TauRaven said...

why did I start my blog? Hmmmmm.
1. Because at my age it beats standing on a street corner with a sign no one reads anyway, even if yer nekkid.
2.I too was cocerned for my animals welfare, they seemed to scratch their ears alot when I would go on a rant.
3.It has probably done alot to maintain my relationship with my significant other,(she actually talks to me again).
4.I have quit talking to the TV.
5.I have found that there are some of the smartest and funniest people out there and that is a very good thing.
Peace,TR

Path2Hope said...

:) Those sound like pretty good reasons to me. I have to agree with No.4, it's not only a good thing - it's a great thing!