Monday, November 20, 2006

A Moment of Righteous Sanity

I wasn't going to mention the whole O.J. Simpson stinking mess of media-whoring but I can't let an opportunity to actually be proud of my countrymen pass.

You've actually warmed my bitter and cynical heart (don't get too excited, I still have little faith in you). Instead of doing what I expected and rushing to view this walking piece of human offal and give him and the Fox network the publicity and ratings they both so crave, you went and pushed Fox to do a complete 360 and pull the show. Now his book won't even be published and literary history will be all the better for it.

Naturally I still long for the day the taking of any life, no matter who or what they were, stirs this sort of reaction but.....

Just for today you've made me happy and given me just a thimbleful of hope.

0 comments: