Sunday, December 24, 2006

My Christmas Wish List

If I believed in Santa and I lived in my perfect little bubble world.

  1. The end of all religion, it would stop most of the killing at least long enough for us to figure out a new reason to kill each other.
  2. Open borders. Let people vote with their feet. Would also create more interesting new communities not to mention dining opportunities.
  3. People to stop idolizing stupid people for stupid reasons. Madonna gets diarrhhea too. Start a fan club for a scientist, they're more likely to do something that actually benefits all of us and they are more cost effective, they don't require botox.
  4. Get some reality about our priorities. A big truck with larger tires will not make your penis larger and a big flashy diamond will not make your breasts larger. Neither will make you smarter or more relevant to the universe.
  5. Reinstitute slavery for just one day so I can own Debbie Schlussel. I promise to release her with only a slightly bruised ego tomorrow. Honest.

Feliz Navidad from Pah-rum-pa-pum-ump.

4 comments:

Omnipotent Poobah said...

Now THAT'S the holiday spirit!

Unknown said...

The list of yours is funny. That must be because it is so profoundly true.

The #1 and the #3 are my constant companion thoughts but the #2, in it's promise of a brilliant new solution and it's outrageousness never entered my mind.

I can also agree with the #4, because I sold my car, and my "plumbing" is still like it used to be - small but there.

And then there is, of course, the #5 that took me back a little at first. However, I checked dear Debbie out and my animal instincts kicked in. I am not proud to say, but suddenly I had an urge to slap the lady and some of the commentators there in. Actually there was one particullar comment that was a bit bizarre: "...organization - Stand With US, which works to counter anti-Israeli propagansa...". One just wonders; which of the stars represents Israel?

I better finally shut my big yap. Before I go, I just want you to know how much I enjoy reading your thoughts.

Not Your Mama said...

Thank you for your comment Pesu :).

#2 is a pet dream of mine. I know it isn't something that could be fully implemented in my lifetime without creating possibly even more chaos but....I'm willing to negotiate for more rational immigration laws and policies in the meantime. Tyrants cannot be tyrants without people to tyrannize and leaders can't lead with no one to follow them.

I'm very concerned that western nations acting out of fear of terrorism/fear of cultural engulfment/etc are in truth escalating what could arguably be called a global crises. It isn't just "our governments" that are responsible, as individuals we have to make the effort to be inclusive.

It's often uncomfortable, always difficult, and entails risks but it's the only possible long term "path to peace". It's harder to kill someone you know as an individual.

#5, well I know it's wrong LOL, I'm just as flawed as any other human though so the odd evil thought does come up.

alat bantu sex untuk menyalurkan hasrat seksual said...

informasi yang agan sare sangat menarik sekali, semoga dapat membantu saya dan kawan2 yang lain nya. tenks.