Thursday, January 04, 2007

Not Earthshaking But it Still Bugs You



I have to ask for help on this one. The question just keeps gnawing at me and will not go away no matter how I try to put it aside.

No, I'm not talking about why we have to take off our shoes at the airport when any idiot could think of at least a few better places to hide a weapon than between their toes. Have to confess I love the imagery I get imagining a long line of proctologists standing ready to check in the passengers.....but no, my question is even more trivial.

What in the HELL is Buffalo Sauce? I can only come up with a few substances of a "sauce-like" nature which might be readily produced by a buffalo and I cannot fathom wanting to ingest any of them. I know the theory that Cowbirds once followed the herds in order to lay their eggs in the feces of buffalo....I suppose that could count as "buffalo sauce" but I'm not a Cowbird and I don't lay eggs so it doesn't sound very appealing.

One or two other substances come to mind, I'll let you contemplate what those might be. The only other possible answer being that Buffalo Sauce actually contains not one iota of essence-of-buffalo. Which begs the question: why call it Buffalo Sauce and why, oh, why does this moniker seem so appealing to so many people who would likely never consider ingesting authentic essence-of-buffalo? Seems kind of like calling fried potato skins "Armadillo on the Half-Shell".

Alrighty then, enough with the mammalian sauces, next question: who on earth becomes a proctologist and why?

4 comments:

Omnipotent Poobah said...

Wrong Buffalo. I think it refers to the city and not the shaggy beast.

Maybe the real question is, "why do they call Buffalo, buffalo?"

Not Your Mama said...

They were ovely fond of buffalo?

Still doesn't explain proctologists but we're making headway.

Possibly a connection here.....

Women on the Verge said...

Since your first question has been answered, I'l take a "crack" at the 2nd--- theyspent a lot of time in small,dark, crappy places as a kid????

alat bantu sex untuk menyalurkan hasrat seksual said...

informasi yang agan sare sangat menarik sekali, semoga dapat membantu saya dan kawan2 yang lain nya. tenks.