Monday, February 19, 2007

Sleeping With the Enemy?

Someone was kind enough to drop me an e-mail about this, FNC Hosts Democratic Debate.

FOX News, the Nevada Democratic Party and the Western Majority Project have jointly announced that they will host a 2008 presidential debate, which is expected to attract the top Democratic contenders for President. The debate will be presented live on FOX News Channel (FNC) and FOX News Radio on August 14, 2007 in Reno.

Now the sender wrote this:

The Nevada Democratic Party has just awarded the first Democratic primary debate to the last news outlet on the planet that should have been chosen: Fox News. We need to pressure the party into cancelling and apologizing. What do you think?

I think it's pretty damned funny. Devilishly clever too, I always prefer to fight the enemy with their own weapons.

I can't stand FOX, so what...it isn't about what I like, it's about WINNING. Would we prefer it wasn't broadcasted?

Update: CNN says the only reason Fox has the Aug. Nevada debate is because CNN passed on it. "We were offered both and chose the more meaningful time," an insider says...

So CNN passed on this one, don't know if they tried MSNBC but wouldn't that be kind of like preaching to the choir anyway? This looks like a win-win to me. FOX gets a whole bunch of viewers who would otherwise never tune in to them (and looking at their recent ratings they need some viewers) and the Democratic candidates get to reach an entirely untapped new audience. Not seeing the downside here.

Alright, it may well piss off some of the far, far left. Like they were going to vote for Obama or Richardson anyway...? Doubt that so color me not too worried.

Nope, sorry to disappoint my tipster but this does not upset my applecart one little bit. It's exactly the kind of smartass move I would have made if it were my call. Like I've said before, I like results better than I like ideology.

3 comments:

Omnipotent Poobah said...

I agree to you. We all get so wrapped up preaching to the choir that we lose some of the untapped population.

Good post.

Women on the Verge said...

Great post!

And I totally agree, it does sound like the kind of smartass move you'd make...no wonder I love your blog...

from one smartass to another-
E

talj said...

Hi, I wanted to drop by and say thank you so much for supporting myself and Andrew via your post on Ruths blog! We are extremely grateful and appreciate you taking the time to help in the fundraising!

{{{HUGS}} and love,

Natalya (talj) xx