Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Vote McCain and Win a Wingnut Dream Vacation

Now that John McCain has informed us that "we are starting to turn things around" in Iraq and that one can now safely drive about in an unarmored vehicle I need some help.

Please help me select a hotel for our dream vacation to Baghdad.

1. Al Mansour Hotel - this review almost sold me on it:

Although only at the Mansour hotel for a conference, I found it had many positive features. There is almost continuous Peshmerga presence, rendering the hotel safer than many. It is conveniently located only a few hundred meters from the International Zone, minimizing the risk of roadside bombs. The pool is beautiful and almost always empty, and mortar impacts are rare. The manager was very accomodating to our security requirements, the AC blew cold, and no one was killed. A great stay!

But this one left me undecided:

First of all, let me say that if you are going to to Iraq and stay in a hotel and you are American......you are CRAZY!!!!!! This hotel is filthy, the rooms are filthy, the food is horrible. Staff is friendly, but who knows what is really going on in their mind! I would rather be homeless in the worst part of America than to stay in Baghdad again.

2. Palestine Intl Hotel - a possible 2nd option with more mixed reviews.

The most comfortable accommodation in the middle of a dangerous civil war you could ever hope for. The camouflaged tanks in the checkpoints outside the hotel are a nice touch.

Well I was not beheaded, so that alone is a plus. The pool is a great place to avoid shrapnel

The location is excellent. The food was great and the swimming pool simply fabulous. The only downside was the walls are too thin. I could hear the guy next door farting for hours. It was disgusting. Located near a wonderful shopping district.

I'm leaning towards the latter if I can get confirmation that the nearby shopping district still exists and they still give out the complementary burkas.

Special thanks to Mr. McCain for simplifying my vacation planning decisions.

6 comments:

Just My Thoughts said...

Holy crap this sounds good, I'm on Travelocity booking now!!!
Shit dude it's a DEAL!!!

pissed off patricia said...

I tell you what, I'm going to hold off a little longer since I heard McCain interviewed this morning and the interviewer had checked with the people who work for our head honcho general over there and they said no, the general never goes anywhere in an unarmored vehicle. Michael Ward who is in Baghdad for Cnn said no place was safe in that city and he wondered where McCain got his info.

So even though those hotels sure sound tempting (if you are prone to suicide) I think I'll just stay here in Fla. for a while.

TomCat said...

Hi NYM. I'd love to see McCain walk the walk, not just talk the talk. If he'd be kind enough to demonstrate how safe it is to walk the streets of Baghdad, it would simplify the GOP primary season. There would be one less candidate.

Vigilante said...

Tomcat, you asked so here you go!

John McCain Takes a Walk in Baghdad

TomCat said...

LOL!! Good one, Vig.

Unknown said...

Ho! You are up for a win dream vacation vacation in Baghdad sounds weird. I nice reviews of the hotels there in Baghdad to matter how much security cover they provide you are venerable; the safest place is the bunker.