Sunday, December 17, 2006

Weekly Roundup #4: Pahrump Farts

It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas here in the desert. I don't think Santa Claus is coming to town but even better, MAPA is. Seems recent actions taken by our beloved Town Board-iban regarding everything from English Only to Rules for Flag Flying have stirred up a backlash that the good, gun-toting, white folks were not expecting. Lo siento baby.

Naturally the local gentry have already stated their intent to show up at the next board meeting on Jan 9th armed and ready to protect their way of life. I wasn't aware of anyone attempting to threaten the right to be an assmonkey but perhaps I'm just out of the loop. Hell, looking at our political leaders I assumed we were celebrating our right to be assmonkeys.

State Sen. Bob Beers thinks he has the answer to violence in our schools: arm the teachers. Hey, that'll teach 'em....if our teachers had been armed when this 9 year old pulled his stunt at a Pahrump Elementary school they could have shot him. Gee, I dunno, I'm kind of leaning towards an ordinance preventing incredibly stupid, violent people from raising children. Not sure how one could do that but I have faith the geniuses on our board can figger one out.

Now for any of you out there who think Nevadans have no limits when it comes to our guns, have to tell you that even we draw the line somewhere. I ran down to the local Wal-Mart to take this picture just for you since seeing is believing. So next time ya'll go to the Hair Salon at Wal-Mart to freshen up that mullet (stop laughing, you know you want to) be sure to check your shotgun at the door. Ask the Greeter to hold Bessie fer ya, ok?


6 comments:

Vigilante said...

As a retired HS teacher (California) I have to say that if my colleagues had been allowed to 'pack', I woulda retired two decades before I did.

FriĆ°vin said...

I did another post today after reading a long article in the New York Times regarding Pahrump. I linked back here as well.

beepbeepitsme said...

"I wasn't aware of anyone attempting to threaten the right to be an assmonkey but perhaps I'm just out of the loop. Hell, looking at our political leaders I assumed we were celebrating our right to be assmonkeys."

That's funny mate :)

Not Your Mama said...

Oh my, the NY Times, quite an achievement for our little burb.

I keep hoping the situation will cool down before someone gets hurt but I can say from where I'm sitting I don't think that's likely.

We have a lethal mix of angry, heavily armed racists, underfunded law enforcement, our schools are ranked 49th in the nation and almost non-existant mental health services, did I mention our auto insurance rates are higher than in NYC due to our award-winning accident death rate? Toss in sky high rates of alcoholism and methamphetamine abuse.....I'd say the prognosis is not good.

Just My Thoughts said...

Sheee-it, now I can't get muh hair cut! YEE-Haw
JMT

alat bantu sex untuk menyalurkan hasrat seksual said...

informasi yang agan sare sangat menarik sekali, semoga dapat membantu saya dan kawan2 yang lain nya. tenks.