Wednesday, November 29, 2006

The Maliki Memo

So the memo from national security advisor Stephen Hadley in one breath says:

"The reality on the streets of Baghdad suggests Maliki is either ignorant of what is going on, misrepresenting his intentions, or that his capabilities are not yet sufficient to turn his good intentions into action,"

....and then in the next breath goes on to lay out an extensive series of steps the United States can take to help the Iraqi leader, including boosting his political base and fortifying the country's security capabilities.

So, in effect we just said that Maliki may very well be either a) stupid or b) a liar or possibly just c) lacking in political capital but hey, what the hell....here's how we can buck him up anyway.

Please tell me someone else out there sees the flaw in this brilliant piece of logic. Isn't this saying "you may be a lying, untrustworthy, idiot and your people won't listen to you but we're going to make you a STAR!"

All else failing maybe we can get him into a boy band.

3 comments:

Vigilante said...

Excuse me, but when I heard the

"The reality on the streets of Baghdad suggests he is either ignorant of what is going on, misrepresenting his intentions, or that his capabilities are not yet sufficient to turn his good intentions into action,"

on BBC at 4:00 a.m. this morning, I thought they were talking about my President. Not until I woke up and read the NYT did I realize it was Maliki they were referring to.

Not Your Mama said...

Would seem more fitting wouldn't it?

I really don't see how anyone figures Maliki could realistically do much more with the situation anyway. I actually feel somewhat sorry for him, he's going to be the scapegoat when we leave, "we would have won if Maliki had..."

I can already visualize Bush writing his speech, "I stuck by him and believed in him and he betrayed me".

alat bantu sex untuk menyalurkan hasrat seksual said...

informasi yang agan sare sangat menarik sekali, semoga dapat membantu saya dan kawan2 yang lain nya. tenks.