Monday, August 27, 2007

Conservatives Just Want to Have Fun

Turns out Canadian conservatives are just as wild-at-heart as their American cousins. Meet Sharon Smith, a BC mayor and liason to the Harper government. The Galloping Beaver has the details but I could not resist posting such a fetching photo.


It's not so bad really. After all, what's a little nudity in the Mayor's office while wearing your official trappings. It's not like she tried to solicit men for sex in the restroom at a public airport.



Unfortunately Senator Larry Craig, R-Idaho did. I'm not sure that he actually did anything that contradicts his mission statement though. Goal #3 simply states: Defend and strengthen the traditional values of the American family.

Who am I to say that groping men in public restrooms is not a tradition in his family? No sheep were harmed in this incident.

7 comments:

Just My Thoughts said...

I just hope the dairy cows were as lucky....Hmmm

TomCat said...

Now that's what I call government providing the bare essentials in service.

I must disagree with one thing, Mama. Although Faux Noise did not cover the Larry Craig incident, thousands of the sheep that get their infoganda there will learn of it eventually and learn of the hypocrisy of yet another family values champion. If that isn't harming sheep, what is? ;-)

Flimsy Sanity said...

I suppose she thought clothes would detract attention from the necklace.

Anonymous said...

If the senator could have thought quickly, he would have said he was out of toilet paper and wanted a couple squares. Now he knows how some kids in prison for soliciting a joint from an undercover cop feel.

leftdog said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
leftdog said...

** Previous post deleted cause I can't spell worth crap! **
------------------------------------

I don't know what protocols are in the USA for introducing a mayor but in Canada a mayor is addressed as 'Your worship' (from the old English tradition). So Her Worship, Mayor Sharon Smith is sitting there with her official Mayors Chain on ... Great photo - great post!! :)

Not Your Mama said...

I think it's just "that jackass" here ;). No mayor where I live though, just a group of board members who vote on resolutions which everyone ignores.

Occasionally one of them will do something amusing like get arrested for shoplifting at Wal-Mart.